Greetings, Arsians! The Dealmaster returns today to share a new batch of deals. Our top ten list spans a bunch of different categories, and it includes discounts on the original Nintendo Switch, the HP Spectre x360 13 convertible, Beats headphones, and much more.
If you’ve been itching for a Nintendo Switch, Newegg is offering the original model for $259.99. The biggest difference between this model and the newest version is battery life—Nintendo improved the battery life for the new model so it will last up to nine hours when playing in handheld mode. The original model, in contrast, lasts up to six hours on a single charge.
But Nintendo doesn’t sell this original model anymore, so this is a good opportunity to get the Switch for less than $299—the standard price of the new model that doesn’t often come down. (There’s always a chance that we could see some Nintendo Switch savings around the holidays, but there’s no guarantee.)
Our favorite Windows convertible, the HP Spectre x360 13, is on sale for $899.99. This model includes a Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB PCIe SSD. Not only is it one of the most attractive 2-in-1 ultrabooks you can get, but it also has a killer 30+ hour battery life.
Best Buy has a good deal on Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones that brings the price down to $129. These headphones have been discounted recently, going from $179 to about $149, but rarely have they hit $129 in the past. While they work with all types of devices, the W1 chip in these headphones lets them pair quickly and easily with iPhones and iPads.
In addition to those deals, we also have a great deal on a 55-inch Samsung smart TV, discount codes for Anker and Aukey accessories, and a sale on the new and popular Untitled Goose Game for Nintendo Switch. Check out those plus the rest of the deals list below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Table of Contents
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Lenovo ThinkPad T490 laptop – Intel Core i7-8665U, 14-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $949 at Lenovo (use code: THINKT490 – normally $1,149).
- Asus ROG Strix G gaming laptop – Intel Core i5-9300H, 15.6-inch 1080p 120Hz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for $999 at Walmart (normally $1,299).
- Lenovo ThinkPad P53 mobile workstation laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 15.6-inch 3840×2160 OLED touch, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB GPU for $1,484.45 (use code: THINKSEPT – normally $1,899).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (4th gen) 2-in-1 laptop – Intel Core i-5-8265U, 14-inch 1440p touchscreen, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD for $1,394.10 at Lenovo (use code: HELLOFALL10 – normally $1,549).
- HP Spectre x360 13t laptop – Intel Core i5-8265U, 13.3-inch 1080p touchscreen, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD for $899.99 at HP (normally $1,149.99).
- HP Envy 13t laptop – Intel Core i7-10510U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD for $799.99 at HP (normally $999.99).
- Dell XPS 13 laptop – Intel Core i7-8550U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD for $1,151.99 at Dell (use code: SAVE10 – normally $1,668.99).
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 2-in-1 laptop – Intel Celeron N3060, 11-inch 768p touchscreen, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC for $229.99 at Dell (normally $279.99).
- Dell XPS Tower 8930 desktop – Intel Core i7-9700, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti for $949.99 at Dell (use code: DTXPSAFF1 – normally $1,399.99).
- 31.5-inch Dell UltraSharp U3219Q monitor – 3840×2160, IPS, 60 Hz for $639.99 at Newegg (list price $699.99).
- 27-inch Dell UltraSharp U2719D monitor + $100 Dell eGift Card – 1440p, IPS, 60Hz for $374.99 at Dell (normally $499.99).
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-core/16-thread desktop processor for $197.99 at Amazon and Newegg (normally $239.99).